What to do if my child has suspected Covid-19
The current symptoms that you should be looking out for are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If this list changes, we will inform you.
If your child has any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Use a LFT to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Once your child has two consecutive negative LFTs after days five and six, your child may return to school.
The steps you should take are:
2) Take a LFT test if your child has symptoms and if your child tests positive they are to remain at home until two consecutive LFTs after days five and six.
3) Finally, keep the school informed regarding your child's absences.
How can I get my child tested?
Barnet operates Mobile Testing Sites. These can be booked on line with this link:
If you cannot get to a testing site then you can order a home testing kit (please follow the link below):
If you have a problem getting a test, then please contact the school.
Below is a short video from the NHS explaining how children should wash their hands.
In Spring 202 0 we launched Google Classroom which will remain our digital classroom platform. If we enter a local lockdown or national lockdown, learning will immediately revert to Google Classroom.
What happens if my child has to isolate because of a test or quarantine?
- Home learning will be set specifically for the children who are isolating because they have tested positive for Covid on a LFT. If a child is absent due to other illnesses they are not expected to be participating in home learning as they will be recovering from that illnesses.
- Home learning will begin within 24 hours that a school is informed that they are isolating.
Below is a link to our latest Covid Risk Assessment. This has been agreed by the Governing Body and reviewed by Barnet and all unions.